Brookside Academy, a K-12 Level IV special education program serving students in grades Kindergarten – Transition within the Cambridge-Isanti school district. Our highly skilled and caring staff partner with families and serve all disability areas. Our goal is to provide an environment that meets the unique needs of each student in a setting that allows students to learn and grow.
Located at our multi-age Woodland Campus, graduates of Brookside Academy who qualify may join our Moving Forward transition program for 18 to 21-year-old special education students located in the same familiar setting.
- K-12 Program
- Age groups are segmented and separated within the building
- Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports is the foundation of our programming
- Aligned curriculum with C-I schools to support rigor and re-integration to mainstream
- Class sizes between 4-10 students
- Full gymnasium/weight room/playground
- Mental health supports and trauma-informed care: Social Worker and LightHouse available
- Emphasis on social skills instruction and restorative practices.
- PAES Lab
- Academic Behavior Manager in every room to support a 2:1 student-to-staff ratio
- Transition/Workskills Programming
- Two sensory rooms
- Safe and secure door-locking systems